Monday, July 21, 2008

Steve Williams: Enriched

Ralph Funk, Steve Williams, Renee Garcia, Kay Merseth (Institute Director), Carla Rosa-Villarreal, David Knowles (South Africa), Malcolm Williams (South Africa)

An incredible 10 days have now come to a close, wow what a trip to Harvard! In all of my years as an administrator, I have never experienced anything that comes close to my 10 days at Harvard. Words can not do justice to the appreciation I feel towards Raise Your Hand Texas. The speakers and professors challenged us day in and day out, presented to us the most recent up to date educational research in which all types of leadership practices can be based upon, and finally they provided us with many new tools that we can use daily to be the effective leaders that our kids deserve. I would have to say though the aspect of the entire experience that really took me back was how many new contacts I made.

Internationally it was amazing to discover that our colleagues experience the same problems that we face daily as well. The Crazy 8's was the study group I was in. It was made up of principals from across the world and the US, they were an awesome group to be a part of and their insight was special. There were 35 of us from Texas, they all were awesome! I have always believed that making contacts in our profession was vital for the survival of any administrator, and I can say without hesitation that the contacts that I was able to form are most definitely going to stay with me forever, they are very special people with amazing talents and abilities.

Thanks again Raise Your Hand Texas, you have enriched my career beyond all measure!

Steve Williams

No comments: