Friday, July 4, 2008

Rich DuBroc: Harvard Experience

I just returned to my home from the incredible Harvard Experience. This week will go down as one of the most intense and academically rewarding experiences of my life. The presenters and facilitators at the Institute were top notch and the participation of the RYHT group was noticed and appreciated by all. My concern coming into the Institute was whether or not we would be able to take what we learn at Harvard and apply it to our schools as Practitioners. The first day answered my concern and not a day went by that we did not receive valuable and applicable information for our campuses.

Words cannot express how thankful I am to RYHT Texas for giving us this chance to go through this program and study with some of the greatest minds our nation has to offer. The opportunity to hear from and engage the likes of Elmore, Merseth, and Kegan was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity and almost surreal. The dialogue between Principals from all over the country was both enlightening and encouraging for all of us. I will value this experience for years to come and once again want to thank all those who made this opportunity attainable to someone who otherwise would have never been able to attend Harvard.

Rich DuBroc

No comments: