Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Donna Thompson: Off the Chart

My participation in the Art of Leadership Institute at Harvard has exceeded my expectations! The speakers on Monday were incredible. Roland Barth's presentation gave me new insight into the conditions that engender learning. I can apply this knowledge to my own learning as well as that of my faculty. Tuesday, I participated in Project Adventure, a physical challenge course and set of team-building exercises. It was amazing! Again, I learned so much that I can take back to my campus and use in my work there. Today's speaker, Jeff Howard, brought a message that confronted us with uncomfortable truth regarding our perceptions of student and faculty potential. As Dr. Barth would say, my learning curve is "off the chart!"

Dr. Donna Thompson

No comments: