Thursday, July 24, 2008

Anita Hardwick: A Great Experience

I cannot begin to thank you enough for selecting me to attend the Harvard Principals' Institute on Urban Education! This has been such a great experience for me. Not only are the speakers among the best in the field, but the opportunity to network with other school leaders from around the country has been invaluable. The topics that have been discussed (and that I have the chance to ponder on with my new friends) are absolutely top-of-the-list relevant for me at Withers Elementary - sustaining school change, using data to plan for excellence, conflict resolution, inclusion practices in special education, institutional racism, working with the media, principal practices to encourage student and teacher engagement.

The Charles Hotel is lovely. It is a treat to feel pampered after a day of thought and work!

I apologize that it has taken me until today to make my first contact. The days are intense and we have nightly readings...and, of course, we hope to see a little of Cambridge/Boston.

Anita Hardwick

No comments: