Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kathy Harmon: Renewal, Enthusiasm, Openness

Renewal, enthusiasm, openness, all these words come to mind about my experience at Harvard in the AOL Institute. It is unbelievable the amount of information that we received that is enlightening, enriching and confirming. We have had the opportunity to hear so many great speakers on reform, data, communication, reading strategies, renewal of self and more. The key to implementation will be for me to reflect on our needs assessment data and provide staff development based on those needs. I received lots of good team building strategies as well as self reflective pieces to start my year off. I plan on taking those pieces and using them as a way to look at what we need to do differently as a campus so that we can continue to move forward with our students, our parents and each other. The LCMS school mantra is, “Do Whatever It Takes.” I am going to add on to that this year by also including, “Teaching to Learn.” I feel that these two pieces compliment each other and will set the bar for what will be expected at LCMS everyday!

I would like to thank Raise Your Hand Texas for the opportunity to attend the AOL Institute. I have developed life long friends from Texas and other parts of the US as well as the world. I enjoyed the Group Meetings and the opportunity to meet and share with others.

Kathy Harmon

No comments: