Monday, July 21, 2008

Felix Glass: Cherish the Experience

I have to state unequivocally what an experience this has been. I arrived on Sat. and attended my first sessions on Sunday morning.

Dr. Murphy and Mr. Pancoast gave very insightful presentations. I plan to utilize Dr. Murphy's SWOT acronym for assessing campus culture. The S and W refer to identifying strengths and weaknesses of the campus environment, the O has you identify opportunities, and T is for the awareness of threats.

I will always cherish the experience of having dined at the Harvard Faculty Club. I have met fantastic campus leaders from around the country and I am benefiting from their perspectives.

School leadership can be similar to coaching. You pick the good parts of what one organization is doing, and pair it with a good component from another organization. As you implement the good pieces you being to develop a new structure that fits your organization’s unique needs.

Thanks again to the supporters and leaders at Raise Your Hand Texas who have made this possible for me.

Felix Glass

No comments: