Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shelley Yates: A Better Me

It has now been 4 weeks since my return from attending Improving Schools: The Art of Leadership. I continue to reflect on my experience on a daily basis and know that I have come back to Texas wanting to be better and expecting the very best out of myself, staff, and students. I learned so much and I am still processing all of the wonderful information that our presenters delivered to us. They gave us so much to give back to our staff and students.

One thing I did learn is that I must change from being an informative leader into being a transformative leader. With that, my teachers will change from informative teaching into transformative teaching. It's all about transforming our kids. But, it must begin with the adults in the building. Transformation. That is the "Art of Leadership".

I want to thank Raise Your Hand Texas for such a powerful learning opportunity. RYHT exhibited so much faith in Texas education leaders to invest so much into us to provide this learning adventure. The friendships that were made with other educators from around the United States and other countries are priceless and we learned so much from each other also. The accomodations were exemplary and we were taken care of above and beyond.

For me, this will be something that I will always look back on and reflect on how it helped me grow personally, professionally, and intellectually. It was a life changing experience and I will forever be deeply grateful. Thank You Raise Your Hand Texas!

Shelley Yates

No comments: